The main Principles of Hajj Statistics
- Since when does GaStat carry out pilgrims’ enumeration?
- GaStat carries out pilgrims’ enumeration since 1390H (1971 AD)
- What is the used method of counting pilgrims?
- GaStat uses the comprehensive enumeration method to count domestic and international pilgrims. Pilgrims residing in Makkah are counted using the field survey method.
- What is the method used in counting pilgrims? How to ensure the accuracy and quality of data?
- To maintain the accuracy and quality of data, GaStat staff uses smart tablets connected to a unified database connected to the Hajj Statistics Centre to follow the process of enumeration in an accurate and comprehensive way.
- What are the main entry points of Makkah?
- Domestic pilgrims are counted in six main entry points, which are: Makkah centre/ Jeddah Highway – Makkah centre/Jeaddah Old Road -Tan’eim centre- Al Sraie’a centre- Alkarr Centre – South centre.
- What are Makkah supportive entry points?
- GaStat has established supportive centres to support the main entry points, which are: Jeddah supportive centres-Al Madina center- Abiar Ali centre –Alta’if center- Al Sail Al Kabir
- Who are included in the enumeration?
- Any pilgrim wearing Ihram is included in the count.
- What is the time cycle of pilgrims’ enumeration?
- GaStat carries out the enumeration annually.